BRAGA - PORTO 2K15

Hey my dears,

Sorry for not posting for a while but you know school and that stuff.. but now I'm on holidays and I'm all yours :)

Today's post is about my holiday in Portugal. I went there about two months ago with two Nepalese friends. 
We took the plane to Porto and as we arrived there we took a bus to Braga. I really recommend taking buses or the metro from the airport because taxis are expensive. 
Braga is where my parents come from. I've never been there before alone with friends, so it was a little adventure to know where the buses come and how to get somewhere. But we did it! 
The first thing we made was looking for the hotel. We took a bit to find the hotel but just because we are blind. Because it is very easy to find it haha. We stayed at the Hotel Ibis Budget Braga Centre. A very good hotel if you are a student and don't want to spend much money on those things. It was clean and like two minutes from the shops. Perfect for us!! 
The first day we went shopping and the second one too! SHOPAHOLICS! Of course we did some culture too! We visited for example the BOM JESUS. It's a sanctuary with an a-m-a-z-i-n-g view! Portugal is known for their uncountable churches and sanctuaries.









For breakfast always the same: Natas e um sumo de laranja! It felt like heaven on earth. It's so delicious! 
The second day in Braga, we went to the village I come from. It's a small village named Valdreu in Vila Verde (the city). I think it's also important to see some no touristic things. You just get to see how people really live and how it is different from the city life.







The third day in Portugal we got up early to take the train to Porto. I felt like a real tourist walking with a map to find the train station in Braga.
As we arrived in Porto we took a taxi to our hotel. Again we stayed at the Ibis Budget Hotel from Gaia. Then we walked down to the river named Douro. It begins in Spain and ends in Porto. 
After a while walking we got very tired and our hero came out of nowhere! A young man driving a Tuk-Tuk, it's a three-wheeled vehicle. He stopped for us and drove us to the center of Porto. It was a different and funny kind of transport. 



Let's talk about food. FOOD. I think I ate there the best bitoque of my whole life. It was in a restaurant named Taberninha do Manel. It's situated near the Cais de Gaia. A great restaurant with great people. For me it became a must in Porto.
If you wand to eat next to the river I recommend eating on the side of Gaia. I had the feeling people were more friendly and the food was better. 





A must do also in Porto the Gaia Cable Cars. It's a method of transport that connects Gaia riverside promenade to the upper deck of Don Luis I Bridge. It takes 5min from one side to the other but you get a lot to see from another perspective. A simple one way trip costs 5euros, not expensive. 







Another is taking the sightseeing bus. With that bus you could get out and on the bus whenever you want with the one and only ticket you bought at the beginning. So it was very worthy for us because we took avail of it to go to the beach but of course also to see the different monuments of Porto. 














Of course shopping was also in our must do! The two days we were there we went shopping in Norteshopping which is situated in Sra. Da Hora. And of course the two days, we found things to buy. Girls are incredible. We could go every day to a shopping mall and buy every day something. Bye money haha.

I came to the end of my great little holiday with those two crazy girls. I want to thank them for some crazy things that happened there. We laughed a lot and it's the most important thing. 

Below I'll show you more pictures about the trip. I hope you liked the post and that I gave you some lust to travel to the beautiful northern of Portugal. Thank you for reading it, it means a lot to me <3



































Comments

  1. Braga is also where my father's family comes from! My grandparents still live there, but I've never been there:( It really looks amazing though!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment